Data Governance Senior Officer - Remote
The Data Governance Senior Officer, will be accountable for establishing, implementing, managing and reporting on Omniscope’s data governance. This will involve the effective and efficient acquisition and management of data and technology, reporting, and regulatory compliance. Compliance with EU legislation is a requisite, and expectations are that Omniscope data governance will shape sectoral best practice.
This role forms an integral part of the Omniscope business strategy, which relies heavily on data collection and processing by different departments. This role therefore involves informing, leading, and guiding the departments on data considerations in decisions, strategies and work plans. This role reports directly to the CEO, who will support the Data Governance Senior Officer by liaising, at director level, with the different data collecting and processing departments within Omniscope.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Develop the data strategy and vision for building the data ecosystem to evaluate, acquire, integrate, and consume data that drive research and commercial developments;
- Evaluate data that recognizes trends, providing insight, and making recommendations to the executive leadership teams helpful in defining business strategy;
- Extrapolate, from the data ecosystem, to define the direction of the business and positively impact research and profitability;
- Have the vision on data, articulate it, and apply it in a way that shapes the future direction of business;
- Establish data governance by defining how to make data available, usable, and integrable within the current ecosystem;
- Be the steward for Commercial Information and Reporting: as a single point of contact for commercial organization on data and standard reporting;
- Responsible for ensuring ownership & accountability matrices of delivering single version of truth to the organization;
- Create and ensure that existing governance rules within multiple systems are supporting the top-level insights and outputs;
- Review and modify as necessary all existing business rules within the multiple systems as well as developing new business rules as necessary;
- Develop change request processes, analyze change requests, identify implementation alternatives and implementation impacts;
- In partnership with the IT and Clinical departments, develop and implement service level agreements - how data is designed, structured, what is being asked and how it will be stored and processed;
- Manage a team: hire, manage and develop team members;
- Support teams within other departments.
- 10+ years of work experience in data strategy, data acquisition, and information management in a business function;
- Intimate knowledge of data compliance relevant to medical and biological technology sectors within EU jurisdictions is required;
- Knowledge of data compliance relevant to medical and biological technology sectors within USA jurisdictions will be considered an asset;
- An understanding of ethical considerations in data governance will be considered an asset;
- Commercial Analytics experience, strategic consulting in the biotech (or related industries) in leadership roles, with direct management experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree is required. MBA or other related graduate-level degree would be an asset;
- Excellent ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, with changing priorities and significant time pressures;
- Experience in forecasting and strategic decision support for product development and launch;
- The following experience is preferred: experience with clinical genomics, clinical trial data, diagnostic data from complex diseases, health data from consumers
- Demonstrated ability to structure and conduct data analyses to generate insights and recommendations.
- Strong English communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Strong project management skills;
- Ability to develop, support and maintain a strong team, including external partners, and focusing the team on delivering results;
- Strong motivation and work-ethic, and a positive problem-solving attitude while working under pressure and tight deadlines;
- Ability to be “in the details” with data & analytical tools and the ability to balance competing priorities is required.
Location and travel
- 25% or less travel required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Omniscope values and implements the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. We are therefore an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics. For that reason, we promote candidates to upload their CVs blind and not include any personal details that refer to the applicant's gender, age, or ethnicity.
Further, Omniscope believes strongly in a whole systems approach to both technology and society. We therefore strongly encourage applications from any candidates with a passion for developing and bringing innovative solutions to patients. Omniscope also believes in rewarding employee performance with equity.
Full-time & remote locations within the EU will be considered.
To apply for this job please send us an email with your CV and Motivation Letter. Please put in the email subject the job position you are applying to. Email us